Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Trip Info: Part 1


Hi again!

Ha, I bet you’re reading this post thinking something like this, “Oh, I thought she wasn’t serious about posting something soon, guess she showed ME!”  Well, if you’re not, that’s fine too.  It’s not like I’m the best mind-reader.

By the way, if you missed our awesome update from a few days ago, you should catch up with your homework and check out THIS POST.  Okay, you’ve read up on everything?  Awesome-sauce.  I think you’re ready for the next step... it’s pretty epic--hold on!

So, not only is this whole adventure becoming a reality for the Jewett family, but it’s also becoming a reality to me personally.  Because--


WAIT FOR IT...









I get to go with them!

Hooray!  I get to road trip along with two adults, four kids, and a new dog back and forth across the country in the summertime.  If you think I’m being sarcastic about being excited, then you haven’t seen my iPhone full of pictures and videos of Rosalie, Kaylin, Holden, and Malachi... they take up about 90% of my picture storage.  In other words, I’m pretty crazy about them.  Oh yeah, and I kind of like Shawna.  And Corey’s good too.




It’s going to be a fun trip, and honestly, I can’t wait!  Basically I’ll be doing whatever needs to be done... whether it’s kid activities, driving for a stretch or two (or eight), unloading the van at hotels, telling bedtime stories, going to the grocery store, etc.

Okay, that’s all the epic news you can handle at this moment, but I promise there will be more to come... so check back with the blog soon--more trip details to follow!  And don’t forget to pass this info on to all your friends, acquaintances, and people you’ve barely met--the more support we have, the better!

Thanks for stopping by... until next time!

P.S. By the way, I’d love to hear helpful tips about traveling with kids... mostly because I haven’t been on this long of a car trip with a family for 13 years. :D

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Excited for you guys and for Rosalie!
    My advice on long travels with kids?
    Portable DVD player and Curious George TV series.

    If you have trays for each kid, then play dough also works fairly well in the car. We did a lot of play dough when we drove 6,000 miles the year Samuel was 2. We may have Samuel's tray at my parents house that you could borrow.

    ReplyDelete